Friday, July 10, 2009


We took the girls to Space Farms in Sussex, New Jersey today. Recently, Lara has decided that she does not like certain animals. First, it was sheep. Then, last week we went to a dairy farm to see the cows and have ice cream at the creamery. Cows? Screams that she wants to leave. Ice cream? Well, of course. Lara has been to the Bronx Zoo before, no problems. Today started off okay. Grizzly bears? They are cute. Turkey buzzards- she walked right up to the cage. And, yes, I said turkey buzzards. Lemurs like in Madagascar...doesn't want to go near them. Tigers? No. Monkeys? No. Goats? No. Mountain Lion? No. Jaguar? No. Deer- she wanted to feed them but not get close. So, what we thought was going to be a great day turned into an on/off crying fest. PJ and I have decided to take a break from any place involving animals. From now on, picnics in parks are as wild as we'll go. She did, however, enjoy this...at the zoo. And as we left she said, and I quote, "I had so much fun seeing the animals at the zoo." WHAT!???



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home